Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gray Skies

There's something about this kind of weather. At any time during the day you look outside and it's just...gray. It removes all sense of time. It's brighter than the night, granted, but there's no morning sunrise, or afternoon shadows.  For me, the time slips right out from under my feet, because I feel like it must still be six or seven a.m.  The next thing I know, it's evening, time to make dinner...and where did the time go?

I remember I used to enjoy this type of weather. It was the kind of day that I could just stay in, make cookies and watch an old movie. Somehow in the midst of adulthood, motherhood and just plain life, I've gone from enjoying the overcast to dreading it.  The lack of actual direct sunlight sends me into a world of melancholy limbo.  I call friends, I write e-mails, Twitter my fingers off. I try and keep busy, doing housework or running errands, but all I want to do is curl up, go to sleep and wake up in the Spring.  Unfortunately, I don't really have that option.  So I must fight the grays.
If only they had "Sky Color" in a box at the nearest drug store.
Someone should invent that. They'd make a fortune.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll go put the clothes in the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment