Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of Summer

Well, here it is, the first day of summer, and as is typical for So Cal, the June Gloom is hiding the sun until noon-time. I'm sure I say this every summer, but this year I'm gonna' spend more time at the beach! I'm gonna' get out my wetsuit (yeah, I know I'm a wimp - but I hate cold water!) and my body board! I'm gonna' take my little dog to the dog beach and dang it, I'm gonna' have a nice relaxing summer if it kills me!! Believe me, after the last few months, I deserve it.

I'm trying not to get discouraged by the giant "to do" list and the fact that nothing seems to get done when all my kids are at home.  I'm praying that my body cooperates and doesn't decide to shut down just when I get to the good parts.  I'm hoping that the economy doesn't continue to suck...the life out of all of us.  I'm hoping that the goals I set for myself are at least kind of realistic.  I'm counting on the sky NOT falling, and the shoreline not receding.  I guess I'm more optimistic than I thought...or maybe I've lost my mind completely.  Um, yeah, that's probably more likely. Either way, Happy First Day of Summer!



Photo by William Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment