Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The August Snowball

Remember when I said I was going to make the most of what was left of the summer? Well, I really did what I wanted to do. I called friends, made dates to get together, and even planned a day at the beach with the kids. What was I thinking? So much for relaxing, haha.  We have, what? Three weeks left? I've been travelling along, barely moving for two months. Now suddenly, I have the momentum of an avalanche.  I'm going to be running around like a crazy woman (wait, that's nothing new) trying to get all these activities in.  The funny thing is, that when school starts and I'm back to being alone with my little dog, then what?  I'll tell you. Exhausted from the descent, and still half buried by snow, I'll drag myself up and out, and take the kids to school. Then, with what little energy I have left, I'll get up and undo the disaster left behind, with a shovel and a spray bottle of Febreeze.  (The boys room...oh, you have no idea.) 

Really, can't wait. (There's a reason my dog's name is Whiskey.)

So here I go.  Almost time to throw that first snowball.....

No comments:

Post a Comment