Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So Cal WIMP and Proud of it

As I watch the final days of summer do their usual turbo fly-by, it feels a little strange. After spending the last two months in a perpetual "June Gloom" that lasted well into August, the sun has decided to make an appearance. Of course it's making up for lost time by pushing the temperatures up to 90 degrees or more.  Last weekend my husband and I were in Palm Springs, and the thermometer was topping 113. Yikes.  I am an admitted Southern California Wimp (yes, capital W). I am just not happy when it's too hot or too cold, and my definitions of "too hot" and "too cold" are ridiculously mild.  75-80 is good. I like an occasional rain storm, as long as I don't have to drive anywhere.  Snow is nice to visit, but the idea of having to get up and shovel a path to my car, or spend 30 minutes thawing the car and scraping off the ice is beyond my comprehension.  Likewise, living day after day in 100 plus temps would definitely not be happening for me either.  Sorry, East-Coasters, but as far as I'm concerned "seasons" are over-rated. 

So there it is. I am what I am, a proud but wimpy California Girl.
What can I say? Try not to be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment