Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summertime's a wastin'....

It really doesn't seem fair. Here it is, already August, and once again the summer has flown away like a paper picnic table cloth on a windy day.  I feel like I need to cram as much in as I can into these few final moments before September comes and we all get back into the normal grind of life.  The good news about that, is that it has pushed me to call a few neglected friends, and set actual times to get together. (Imagine that!) No more "hey, we really need to get together..." and then it never happens.  I get out my date book before I dial the phone.  Now I just have to apply that same gung-ho-ness to my writing. 

Earlier this week I sent out some poems to a magazine, and my usual MO would be to sigh and feel that now, I can relax. But NO...I need to get on a roll, slather it with butter and keep on going!  I need to set goals and KEEP them!  Easier said than done of course, but I do have one foot out the door.  Now it's a matter of pushing that door open enough to get through, and being brave enough to venture out.  That....or retreat back into the house.  Nah, I'm gonna' go for it.  Wish me a safe journey, friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment